BBC News - World BBC News - World
- 'You can be African and black and play polo'on August 1, 2021 at 7:26 pm
Molawa Adesuyi is calling for more young people from ethnic minority backgrounds to take up his sport.
- Belarus Olympics: Krystsina Tsimanouskaya refuses 'forced' flight homeon August 1, 2021 at 7:16 pm
Krystsina Tsimanouskaya says she fears for her safety as Belarus orders her home for complaining about coaches.
- Nigeria suspends 'Hushpuppi-linked' police officer Abba Kyarion August 1, 2021 at 6:18 pm
The deputy commissioner is indicted in the US for allegedly taking a bribe from an influencer.
- DaBaby dropped by US music festival Lollapaloozaon August 1, 2021 at 6:06 pm
The Chicago festival is the latest to cut ties, after the rapper's derogatory comments about people with HIV.
- Raven Saunders: What the Olympian's X protest means to heron August 1, 2021 at 5:03 pm
The US shot-putter defies a ban on podium gestures after taking silver at the Tokyo Games.
- Tanker attack: Tensions rise as Iran and Israel trade accusationson August 1, 2021 at 3:37 pm
Israel's PM warns he could send "a message" in retaliation, as Iran rejects "baseless" accusations.
- Tokyo Olympics: 'Can we have two golds?' - high jumpers share winon August 1, 2021 at 2:36 pm
An incredible Olympic high jump final ended with both Qatar's Mutaz Essa Barshim and Italy's Gianmarco Tamberi taking gold medals.
- Italy's Lamont Jacobs wins shock 100m goldon August 1, 2021 at 2:19 pm
Italy's Lamont Marcell Jacobs claims a shock gold in the Olympic 100m final, after Great Britain's Zharnel Hughes is disqualified for a false start.
- Tokyo Olympics: Medal table - which country has won most golds?on August 1, 2021 at 2:10 pm
Which country is leading the medal table? How are Great Britain getting on? Medals table for the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo.
- Tom Daley knits while watching Olympic springboard finalon August 1, 2021 at 2:02 pm
Twitter is deluged with images of the Olympian knitting a "purple concoction" in the stands in Tokyo.
- Myanmar: State of emergency extended with coup leader as PMon August 1, 2021 at 11:12 am
Gen Min Aung Hlaing takes on the new title and says emergency rule may last until August 2023.
- Turkey wildfires: People flee as blazes spread in Marmaris and Bodrumon August 1, 2021 at 10:38 am
Some neighbourhoods have been evacuated after gusts of wind spread the flames into residential areas.
- Sky News Australia barred for week by YouTube over Covid misinformationon August 1, 2021 at 10:22 am
The digital giant bans the channel from uploading new content for a week over misinformation breaches.
- Tokyo Olympics: Valerie Adams makes history with fourth shot put medalon August 1, 2021 at 9:20 am
New Zealand's Valerie Adams becomes the first woman to win medals at four Olympics in a field event after claiming bronze in the women's shot put.
- Laurel Hubbard: The reluctant history-maker at the centre of sport's transgender debateon August 1, 2021 at 8:32 am
Weightlifter Laurel Hubbard is set to become the first openly transgender athlete to compete in a different gender category to that which they were born at an Olympics.
- French boxer stages ring sit protest after losson August 1, 2021 at 7:20 am
Frenchman Mourad Aliev refuses to live the ring in the aftermath of his controversial loss to Great Britain's Frazer Clarke.
- Turkey: Foreign tourists evacuated as wildfires threaten resortson August 1, 2021 at 4:37 am
Coastguard vessels and private boats have brought holidaymakers to safety, as the death toll rises.
- Tokyo Olympics: Charlotte Worthington wins BMX freestyle gold for Great Britainon August 1, 2021 at 4:10 am
Great Britain's Charlotte Worthington wins a thrilling gold in the women's BMX park freestyle Olympic final.
- Nairobi - the centre of East Africa's thriving arts sceneon July 31, 2021 at 11:11 pm
Artists from across East Africa have converged on Kenya's capital, creating a vibrant scene.
- The women fighting infertility stigma in Nigeriaon July 31, 2021 at 11:01 pm
Three Nigerian women confront the prejudice they have faced on their fertility journeys.