BBC News - World BBC News - World
- Biden-Putin summit: Presidents meet face-to-faceon June 16, 2021 at 11:03 pm
President Joe Biden and President Vladimir Putin hold their first talks since Mr Biden took office.
- Covid causes new environmental dilemma for India’s Ganges Riveron June 16, 2021 at 11:02 pm
Hundreds of bodies have been buried in shallow graves along the banks of the already-polluted Ganges.
- Botswana diamond could be world's third largeston June 16, 2021 at 10:03 pm
The "rare and extraordinary" gem weighs 1,098 carats and was unveiled by diamond firm, Debswana.
- Putin: You think we're the unpredictable ones?on June 16, 2021 at 9:07 pm
Russian President Vladimir Putin responds to US President Joe Biden's calls for "stable and predictable" relations.
- Biden and Putin praise Geneva summit talks but discord remainson June 16, 2021 at 8:38 pm
The US and Russia agree to nuclear arms control talks but progress at the Geneva summit is limited.
- Africa's Covid patients 'dying from lack of oxygen'on June 16, 2021 at 8:25 pm
Health agencies and medics tells the BBC of a growing crisis facing low-income African nations.
- Myanmar village of Kin Ma burns down after clasheson June 16, 2021 at 8:11 pm
The military blames "terrorists" for the incident but locals tell the BBC troops are to blame.
- Shenzhou-12: China to launch first crew to new space stationon June 16, 2021 at 7:22 pm
Three astronauts are set to blast off on China's longest ever human spaceflight mission.
- Berlin squat riot leaves dozens of police woundedon June 16, 2021 at 4:17 pm
Sixty police officers are hurt as squatters riot over a planned fire inspection at 94 Rigaer Straße.
- Brexit: Can the UK and the EU reach a deal on Northern Ireland?on June 16, 2021 at 3:54 pm
How might the UK and EU compromise on the Northern Ireland protocol?
- Lina Khan: The 32-year-old taking on Big Techon June 16, 2021 at 3:53 pm
The new Federal Trade Commission chair has Big Tech in her sights.
- Peruvians reweave Incan 'living bridge' over riveron June 16, 2021 at 3:16 pm
Communities literally came together to recreate the historic rope bridge, meeting in the middle.
- Germany withdraws platoon from Nato mission in Lithuaniaon June 16, 2021 at 2:58 pm
The army is investigating reports of sexual coercion and anti-Semitic songs at a party in Lithuania.
- Iran's presidential election: Four claims fact-checkedon June 16, 2021 at 2:18 pm
TV debate topics included censorship, Iran's economic performance and political prisoners.
- Mexico missing students: Remains of third victim identifiedon June 16, 2021 at 12:52 pm
Almost seven years after 43 students disappeared, the remains of a third victim are identified.
- Israel strikes in Gaza after fire balloons launchedon June 16, 2021 at 12:47 pm
It is the first major flare-up since a ceasefire ended a conflict between Israel and Hamas in May.
- Spanish man jailed for killing and eating his motheron June 16, 2021 at 9:05 am
The 28-year-old was arrested after body parts of his mother were found scattered in her Madrid flat.
- Spider-webs blanket Australian landscape after floodson June 16, 2021 at 3:42 am
Millions of spiders fleeing floodwaters have created huge webs as they try to reach higher ground.
- 'I was humiliated': The continuing trauma of South Korea's spy cam victimson June 16, 2021 at 2:43 am
Survivors have faced threats and bullying from police when seeking justice, says a new rights report.
- Tracking change in Ethiopia and the challenges aheadon June 16, 2021 at 12:32 am
The BBC charts the dramatic changes and challenges facing the country as it goes to the polls.