BBC News - World BBC News - World
- Tennis stars' arrival angers stranded Australianson January 15, 2021 at 10:46 pm
Players are flown in ahead of the Australian Open while thousands of citizens are waiting to return.
- WhatsApp changes: Signal messaging platform stops working as downloads surgeon January 15, 2021 at 10:27 pm
Signal has been downloaded millions of times since WhatsApp unveiled new privacy terms last week.
- Indonesia earthquake: Dozens dead as search for survivors continueson January 15, 2021 at 10:09 pm
The earthquake struck the island of Sulawesi on Friday, injuring hundreds and destroying a hospital.
- Champion golfer Ángel Cabrera 'arrested in Brazil' over alleged assaulton January 15, 2021 at 9:16 pm
Mr Cabrera faces extradition to Argentina where he is alleged to have committed domestic abuse.
- Capitol riots: Police describe a 'medieval battle'on January 15, 2021 at 7:52 pm
US police held back a mob for hours in a "barbaric" battle at the Capitol. Here are their stories.
- Coronavirus: EU anger over reduced Pfizer vaccine deliverieson January 15, 2021 at 7:22 pm
Many EU countries are receiving significantly fewer doses due to a change in manufacturing processes.
- Uganda elections 2021: Museveni takes lead as Bobi Wine cries foulon January 15, 2021 at 6:15 pm
President Museveni's rival alleges the internet shutdown allows for rigging in the election count.
- Dutch Rutte government resigns over child welfare fraud scandalon January 15, 2021 at 3:32 pm
Mark Rutte's cabinet resigns after families were wrongly accused and many faced financial problems.
- North Korea unveils new submarine-launched missileon January 15, 2021 at 3:20 pm
The show of military strength comes days before the inauguration of Joe Biden as US president.
- Biden Twitter account 'starts from zero' with no Trump followerson January 15, 2021 at 12:52 pm
Joe Biden's presidential Twitter account launches with no followers transferred from President Trump.
- Nazi Buchenwald camp no place for sledging, authorities warnon January 15, 2021 at 11:46 am
German officials say some people have used Buchenwald mass graves as a toboggan run.
- North Korea: Kim Jong-un oversees huge military showcaseon January 15, 2021 at 9:00 am
Planes, missiles and marching troops are on show as North Korean state media broadcasts a massive parade.
- Uganda social media ban raises questions over regulation in Africaon January 15, 2021 at 12:34 am
There will be increasing tension between the platforms and African governments, analysts say.
- Villarejo: The rise and fall of the Spanish state's secret fixeron January 15, 2021 at 12:33 am
An undercover policeman now facing trial amassed a hoard of Spanish state secrets.
- Colourising historical photos of the civil rights movementon January 15, 2021 at 12:24 am
Jordan J Lloyd has added digital colour to black-and-white photos of Dr King and the civil rights movement.
- China’s pressure and propaganda - the reality of reporting Xinjiangon January 15, 2021 at 12:07 am
In addition to heavy restrictions on journalists in the Xinjiang region, China alleges “fake news”.
- Rajini Chandy: The 69-year-old Indian actress trolled for ‘too sexy’ photoson January 15, 2021 at 12:05 am
Rajini Chandy, a southern Indian actress, has raised hackles in a state where women still dress modestly.
- German chancellor race: The men vying for Merkel's jobon January 15, 2021 at 12:04 am
Three candidates are challenging to lead Angela Merkel's CDU, but the race may not end there.
- Young, black and more likely to die in Brazilon January 15, 2021 at 12:04 am
A BBC investigation uncovers who is most at risk of lethal police violence in Brazil.
- Johan 'N0tail' Sundstein: Inside the world's richest e-sports player's mansionon January 15, 2021 at 12:03 am
Johan "N0tail" Sundstein has earned more than $7.4m (£5.4m) in prize money to date.