BBC News - World BBC News - World
- Russia Navalny protests: Kremlin hits out at West as it downplays rallieson January 25, 2021 at 2:23 am
EU foreign ministers meet on Monday discuss Russia's treatment of Alexei Navalny and his supporters.
- Heatwave sweeps Australian cities and raises bushfire dangeron January 25, 2021 at 2:15 am
A bushfire casts smoke over Adelaide as other parts of Australia face their worst fire risk in a year.
- Covid-19: Mexican President López Obrador tests positiveon January 25, 2021 at 1:56 am
Andrés Manuel López Obrador, 67, announces he is receiving medical treatment for the coronavirus.
- Taiwan reports large incursion by Chinese warplanes for second dayon January 25, 2021 at 1:45 am
Analysts say Beijing is testing the new Biden administration, which has shown support for Taiwan.
- Boeing 737 Max cleared to fly again 'too early'on January 25, 2021 at 1:06 am
A former Boeing manager says more investigations are needed on the plane, grounded after two crashes.
- Covid-19: Top advisor warns France at 'emergency' virus momenton January 25, 2021 at 12:20 am
The head of France's scientific council suggests a third lockdown is needed amid spread of variants.
- Ethiopia's Tigray conflict: 'My wife died giving birth to twins while we hid'on January 25, 2021 at 12:09 am
A father tells the BBC his tragic story of fleeing the conflict in Ethiopia's Tigray region.
- Zuckerberg's Biden problemon January 25, 2021 at 12:08 am
President Biden's open dislike of Facebook could spell problems for the social network.
- Covid-19: Why the US hasn't hit vaccine targets so faron January 25, 2021 at 12:05 am
Biden says the vaccine rollout has been a failure, as he pledges 100 million shots in his first 100 days.
- Lebanon's Coronavirus lockdown: 'We can't leave our homes day or night'on January 25, 2021 at 12:04 am
People in Lebanon describe the impact of being confined to their homes for 24 hours a day.
- Covid-19: Vaccine divides in the Middle Easton January 25, 2021 at 12:01 am
Israel is vaccinating against Covid-19 faster than anywhere else, but most Palestinians are waiting.
- Detective Jane Mugo: Meet Kenya's 'spy queen'on January 25, 2021 at 12:01 am
BBC Africa Eye looks at the inside story of Detective Jane Mugo, the woman they call Kenya’s "spy queen".
- Egypt's dreams of democracy still alive?on January 25, 2021 at 12:01 am
It's been 10 years since Egyptians took to the streets to unseat their longest-serving President, Hosni Mubarak.
- Yang Li: The 'punchline queen' who offended Chinese menon January 25, 2021 at 12:01 am
A female comedian's joke on national television has sparked debate on comedy and feminism in China.
- Covid: Police and protesters clash during Dutch curfew demoon January 24, 2021 at 10:42 pm
Police used water cannon and tear gas to clear protesters in Eindhoven rallying against a new curfew.
- Covid: Israel vaccinates 16 to 18-year-olds ahead of examson January 24, 2021 at 7:42 pm
Israel has vaccinated more than a quarter of its population and now high school students are eligible.
- Covid-19: White House criticises 'chaotic' vaccine rollouton January 24, 2021 at 6:06 pm
A senior Biden aide says the Trump administration had no plan for vaccine distribution across the US.
- Australia man missing for 18 days 'survived on mushrooms'on January 24, 2021 at 1:44 pm
Search efforts had been called off for Robert Weber, but he was reportedly found by a local MP.
- The homeless drug addict who became a professoron January 24, 2021 at 12:15 am
Jesse Thistle, a high school dropout, overcame addiction and homelessness to pursue an academic career.
- Is this Russian cult leader a fraud?on January 24, 2021 at 12:03 am
A mysterious Russian cult leader is accused of embezzling followers' funds and abusing them.