BBC News - World BBC News - World
- Antony Blinken: US will respond to reckless Russian actson May 6, 2021 at 6:34 am
The US would prefer a more stable and predictable relationship with Russia, Antony Blinken tells the BBC.
- Covid: US backs waiver on vaccine intellectual propertyon May 6, 2021 at 6:29 am
Supporters say the move would boost vaccine production but the pharmaceutical industry disagrees.
- SpaceX Starship prototype makes clean landingon May 6, 2021 at 6:06 am
The latest prototype, Serial Number 15 (SN15), completes a successful high-altitude ascent and landing.
- UK sends Royal Navy ships to patrol Jersey amid fishing row with Franceon May 6, 2021 at 6:00 am
The PM says he supports Jersey as French fishing boats prepare to protest against new post-Brexit rules.
- Philippines' Duterte apologises for taking unapproved China jabon May 6, 2021 at 4:44 am
He also asked China to take back 1,000 Sinopharm vaccines that it had donated to the country
- India Covid: Government says new variant linked to surgeon May 6, 2021 at 4:38 am
The current surge of the virus has already overwhelmed India's healthcare system.
- Hong Kong: Joshua Wong jailed over banned Tiananmen vigilon May 6, 2021 at 3:56 am
The Tiananmen vigil commemorated the deaths of up to thousands of pro-democracy protesters in China.
- South Africa: ANC in power struggle over corruption allegationson May 6, 2021 at 3:54 am
Corruption charges against the secretary-general trigger a power struggle within the ruling party.
- Broadway tickets to go on sale for September reopeningon May 6, 2021 at 1:25 am
New York's major theatres have been closed since March 2020 because of the coronavirus pandemic.
- Safe Sweden faces up to wave of women's killingson May 6, 2021 at 12:02 am
A spate of deaths reignites a debate about domestic violence in a country praised for gender equality.
- US secretary of state warns on Russia and Chinaon May 5, 2021 at 11:42 pm
America's top diplomat vows Washington will respond if Moscow acts "recklessly", and says US allies should be careful about doing business with China.
- 'We are desperate to go travelling again'on May 5, 2021 at 11:17 pm
"Digital nomads" aim to get back to mobile working after Covid, with many countries wooing them.
- Zulu Queen: Hundreds of mourners hold parade ahead of funeralon May 5, 2021 at 10:33 pm
South Africa's Zulu nation awaits a decision on who will succeed the queen, who died last month.
- Facebook's Trump ban upheld by Oversight Board for nowon May 5, 2021 at 8:27 pm
Facebook's top "court" says the company has six months to justify its permanent ban of Mr Trump.
- Prince blamed for shooting one of Europe's biggest bearson May 5, 2021 at 8:10 pm
Environmental groups suspect a prince from Austria killed the brown bear while hunting in Romania.
- Malian woman gives birth to nine babieson May 5, 2021 at 7:21 pm
Nonuplets are extremely rare - and doctors had thought Halima Cisse was carrying seven babies.
- Colombia unrest: Widespread protests continueon May 5, 2021 at 6:15 pm
Demonstrations continue across the country, despite its government scrapping proposed tax reforms.
- Colombia protests: What is behind unrest?on May 5, 2021 at 4:26 pm
Crowds are gathering again after a night of violence as the UN condemns the repression of protesters.
- EU negotiator Barnier spills Brexit secrets in new bookon May 5, 2021 at 4:25 pm
From Theresa May and Boris Johnson to English breakfasts, Michel Barnier's new book reveals all.
- Zulu King Zwelithini's death: Royals and rebels fight for throneon May 5, 2021 at 4:05 pm
The monarchy is plunged into controversy following the death of the king and the regent.