BBC News - World BBC News - World
- Uttarakhand tunnel collapse: How the 17-day India rescue unfoldedon November 28, 2023 at 6:14 PM
Forty-one construction workers were freed after over two weeks trapped in a tunnel.
- Uttarakhand tunnel collapse: Rescuers free 41 trapped workerson November 28, 2023 at 6:05 PM
The workers were stuck for two weeks after a part of a tunnel they were working in collapsed.
- Israel Gaza: Drone footage shows Gazans scrambling for fuelon November 28, 2023 at 6:01 PM
Dozens of cars are seen queuing for fuel in Khan Younis as Gazans try to secure necessities during the ceasefire.
- Sierra Leone violence: Sunday attacks were part of coup attempt - ministeron November 28, 2023 at 5:01 PM
The capital city is recovering from Sunday's series of attacks on prisons and a military barracks.
- Finland to close entire Russian border after migrant surgeon November 28, 2023 at 4:32 PM
The last open crossing, in the Arctic Circle, will close on Thursday night, the government says.
- Untreated diseases could kill more than bombings in Gaza, WHO warnson November 28, 2023 at 4:07 PM
Diarrhoea is widespread in shelters and chronic illnesses are not being treated, the UN agency warns.
- Impala Platinum mine accident in South Africa kills 11on November 28, 2023 at 3:59 PM
Leading mining company Impala Platinum describes the accident as the "darkest day" in its history.
- Ukraine spy chief's wife poisoned, says Kyivon November 28, 2023 at 3:50 PM
Heavy metals were used to poison Kyrylo Budanov's wife, Marianna, an intelligence official tells the BBC.
- Dina Boluarte: Peru's president blamed for protesters' deathson November 28, 2023 at 3:39 PM
Human rights groups say demonstrators have been killed by security forces over the past year.
- Uttarakhand tunnel collapse: Moment Indian workers freed after weekson November 28, 2023 at 3:13 PM
Video shows relieved workers finally exiting a tunnel that partially caved in after a landslide.
- Sierra Leone coup attempt: What may have sparked the violenceon November 28, 2023 at 2:58 PM
The authorities say Sunday's violence was an effort by some soldiers to overthrow the government.
- French serial killer's ex-wife tried for UK student murderon November 28, 2023 at 2:54 PM
Monique Olivier goes on trial in France 33 years after Joanna Parrish was found dead in a river.
- Pet tigers remain in Ghana home despite Accra court orderon November 28, 2023 at 2:37 PM
A year after a court ordered the removal of the animals, they are still there.
- Toxic gas putting millions at risk in Middle East, BBC findson November 28, 2023 at 2:14 PM
The UAE, hosts of the COP28 climate summit, is breaking its own ban on gas flaring, the BBC finds.
- 'Granny, I've been shot,' said Palestinian student targeted in Vermonton November 28, 2023 at 2:14 PM
With a bullet lodged in his spine, Hisham Awartani phoned his British-born grandmother after Saturday's shooting.
- Japan begins trial sales of prescription-free morning-after pillson November 28, 2023 at 1:16 PM
Access to emergency contraception is normally available only with a prescription in Japan.
- Israeli children taken hostage by Hamas reunite with family dog after releaseon November 28, 2023 at 12:26 PM
Yuval, Ofri and Oria Brodtz hugged their dog Rodney after being released by Hamas.
- Moment transatlantic flight using 100% green fuels takes off from Heathrowon November 28, 2023 at 12:00 PM
It is the first transatlantic flight powered solely by alternative fuels.
- Crépol murder: French pledge to tackle ultra-right after teen killing sparks protestson November 28, 2023 at 10:59 AM
The interior minister wants to ban small extremist groups after a boy's stabbing triggered riots.
- Tiffany Haddish DUI: Comedian says she will get help after driving under influence arreston November 28, 2023 at 10:55 AM
The Girls Trip actress says "this will never happen again" after being arrested for driving under the influence.