BBC News - World BBC News - World
- Moscow drone attack: Russia accuses Ukraine of 'terrorist' strikeon May 30, 2023 at 11:07 AM
Ukraine has denied involvement but a presidential advisor predicted an increase in such attacks.
- Nigeria fuel subsidy: Tinubu's plan to scrap measure sparks rush to stock upon May 30, 2023 at 11:04 AM
People are hoping to stockpile petrol as fears grow of big price rises due to high inflation.
- Alleged former Russian spy whale spotted off Sweden's coaston May 30, 2023 at 10:58 AM
Hvaldimir the beluga whale was first found off Norway's coast in 2019 wearing a Russian harness.
- Polish probe into 'Russian influence' angers EUon May 30, 2023 at 10:15 AM
Opposition MPs say the new panel probing Russia links aims to bar its leader Donald Tusk from office.
- India's protesting wrestlers to sink medals in Gangeson May 30, 2023 at 9:28 AM
The wrestlers, which includes Olympic medallists, have also vowed to go on indefinite hunger strike in Delhi.
- Kosovo: Fresh clashes as Nato troops called in to northern townson May 30, 2023 at 7:37 AM
Serb protesters are angry at ethnic Albanian mayors being installed in Serb-majority areas.
- Moscow drone attack: 'The windows of my home shook'on May 30, 2023 at 6:50 AM
BBC Russia editor Steve Rosenberg describes hearing and feeling a drone attack on Moscow.
- Watch rocket launch first Chinese civilian into spaceon May 30, 2023 at 6:28 AM
China has sent three astronauts to its Tiangong Space Station, putting a civilian into orbit for the first time.
- Malaysia detains Chinese ship suspected of looting British WW2 wreckson May 30, 2023 at 6:04 AM
Malaysia says it has detained a Chinese vessel suspected of raiding two British maritime war graves.
- Ukraine war: Russian air strikes target Kyiv for third night runningon May 30, 2023 at 5:56 AM
Ukraine's air defences intercept more than 20 drones in the 17th attack on the capital this month.
- Covid: Top Chinese scientist says don’t rule out lab leakon May 30, 2023 at 5:00 AM
The man who led China's pandemic response says inquiries into its origins should consider everything.
- See how police carefully freed a bear trapped inside a caron May 30, 2023 at 4:09 AM
The careful operation required a long piece of rope to open the car door from a distance.
- Man prises crocodile's jaws off his head at Australian resorton May 30, 2023 at 2:01 AM
The 51-year-old has a narrow escape from the animal while snorkelling off a luxury island.
- Italy: Agents die when boat capsizes on Lake Maggioreon May 30, 2023 at 12:41 AM
Two Italian intelligence agents and a former member of Israel's security forces are among four victims.
- After the Tree of Life synagogue shooting, can a community heal?on May 30, 2023 at 12:17 AM
The trial for the alleged perpetrator of the deadliest antisemitic attack in US history is set to begin.
- The 'exploding' demand for giant heat pumpson May 29, 2023 at 11:23 PM
Whole towns in Europe are being heated by huge, energy efficient heat pumps.
- Teary reunion of Indians after a century-long separationon May 29, 2023 at 9:06 PM
Shamshu Deen has helped more than 300 people in the Caribbean find long-lost loved ones in India.
- Pita Limjaroenrat: Thai election upstart who vows to be differenton May 29, 2023 at 9:03 PM
Pita Limjaroenrat tells the BBC he wants to govern "for the people", but big hurdles lie ahead.
- Elizabeth Holmes is going to prison. Will she ever pay victims too?on May 29, 2023 at 8:09 PM
Experts say victims often never get their money back from those who defrauded them.
- Watch: Escaped bull charges into dancing crowd leaving two injuredon May 29, 2023 at 5:20 PM
Videos shared online show a crowd line-dancing at a rodeo in Australia seconds before the incident.